Air Fryer Monterey Chicken
Seasoned chicken breasts covered in barbeque sauce, shredded cheese, crispy bacon, and a chopped tomatoa and green onion mix.
- 2 large chicken breasts(about 8 oz each) cut in half to make them about 4 oz each
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce (I use G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce, but any kind will do)
- 1/2 cup shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese (I love the Kroger brand's blend of Reduced Fat colby jack, monterey jack, cheddar, and mozzarella)
- 4 slices center cut bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Avocado Oil Spray (you can find this in any grocery store near the other cooking sprays. I prefer using this, but any cooking spray will work)
- 1-2 roma tomates (seeded and diced)
- 3-4 green onions (green and white parts) (diced)
- you can also do Pico De Gallo on top
Preheat Air Fryer to 360 degrees.
Mix together garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spray chicken on both sides with avocado oil spray then rub with the spices. Place in the Air Fryer and cook for 6 minutes.
Flip chicken over and brush each side with evenly with BBQ sauce then top with cheese and bacon. (It works out to be about 1 tbsp of sauce, 2 tbsp of cheese, and 1 slice of center cut bacon per piece of chicken if you want to be super accurate) Continue to cook chicken in the Air Fryer for an additional 6-8 minutes. *It really depends on the thickness of your chicken how much longer it will need. I always recommend using a meat thermometor to temp your chicken to determine if its done or not. I take it out around 162ish degrees and set on a plate for a few minutes to finish cooking and let the juices redistribute.
If you choose to, top them off with chopped tomatoes and green onions or pico de gallo.
Serving size: 1 piece of chicken with toppings.
204 calories, 5.7g fat, 2g saturated fat, 3.5g carbohydrates, 0.4g fiber, 0g sugar 41.4g
*WW Points and Nutritional information figured by using G. Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce if you use a different type of BBQ Sauce please note that the nutritional info and points may change.