One Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
A one pot pasta take on a classic bacon cheeseburger meal. Perfect for weeknights and it's incredibly delicious!
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 6 slices center cut bacon chopped, raw
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef raw
- 2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 3 tbsp dill relish
- 1 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz pasta, dry I use Campanelle, but you can use any type of pasta that holds sauce well
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup I use Heinz, found with the other ketchup
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
In a large deep skillet add chopped bacon. Cook for a few minutes and then add chopped red onion. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is soft.
Add ground beef and break apart with spatula. Season with seasoned salt and continue to cook with the bacon and onions until meat is browned. Drain off any excess grease.
Add a can of diced tomatoes and the dill relish stir into the meat and then add the dry pasta along with beef broth, water, and a pinch of salt. Stir all together and bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
When the noodles are cooked, stir in mozzarella cheese, half and half, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Over medium-high heat stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Let set for a couple of minutes before serving to help the sauce thicken a bit more. Salt & Pepper to taste! Serve & enjoy! Optional: Sprinkle with extra cheese, pickles, onions, and/or bacon, if desired!
Serving size: 1.5 cups
WW Green Plan: 8 Points | WW Blue Plan: 8 Points | WW Purple Plan: 8 Points | 329 calories.8.5g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 35g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 29g protein