Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole is a healthy, easy, and delicious casserole that's perfect for breakfast and meal prep!
- 8 oz lean turkey breakfast sausage, raw I use the 'Jennie O' brand
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 6 cups fresh spinach torn into small pieces (i prefer the stems removed because i don't like to chew them, but it's up to you)
- 5 cups refrigerated shredded hash browns I use the 'Simply Potatoes' brand
- ¾ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup Reduced fat shredded Cheddar
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2- ½ cups liquid Egg Whites (or you can use 12 whole eggs or half egg whites and half whites)
- 1-2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt to tast
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet break up turkey sausage and add diced onions. Continue to cook until meat is browned and onions are softened. Add the spinach and cook just until slightly wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
Spray the same pan with cooking spray and add the hash browns to skillet and cook for a few minutes. Season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl add in sausage, spinach, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and hash browns. Stir well until combined.
In the casserole dish add the hash brown and sausage mix. Pour egg whites on top evenly. Top it off with the shredded mozzarella and sharp cheddar. **If using whole eggs make sure to whisk well before adding the casserole dish.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove the foil and bake uncovered for about 25 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes and then cut into six servings. Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving size: 1/6 of casserole (these are pretty large servings so this can easily be made into 8 servings to last longer/smaller portion size if you like a smaller breakfast)
WW Green Plan: 7 Points | WW Blue Plan: 7 Points | WW Purple Plan: 5 Points (previous WW program)
300 calories, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3.8g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 30g
*Eggs- you can use a dozen large eggs in place of egg whites or half and half. Just make sure when using whole eggs that you whisk them with a little salt and pepper before adding to the casserole dish.