Roasted Vegetable Pasta Primavera
Perfectly roasted vegetables tossed into a pasta with a light creamy garlic parmesan sauce
- 2 lbs total raw fresh vegetables cut into strips/small pieces/slices such as broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, asparagus, etc
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1½ tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or just salt)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional for a spicy kick)
One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta and Sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 12 oz rotini, uncooked
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk (be sure to use plain not vanilla- this also works with regular milk)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp better than bouillion roasted chicken base (btb vegetable base for vegetarian)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 oz fresh grated parmesan cheese (heaping 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray. (if you don't have a large sheet pan use two small sheet pans if you try to roast all on one pan the veggies will steam)
In a large bowl toss together the vegetables, oil, and spices. My secret to the best roasted vegetables is to really get the oil and spices into the vegetables by kind of "massaging" them lightly so it's evenly distributed.
Throw vegetables on the sheet pan(s). Roast for about 20 minutes or until they're golden brown. I like to give them a good mix about half way through cooking time for more even cooking.
One Pot Pasta with Garlic Parmesan Sauce
In a large skillet over medium heat add oil and garlic. Cook just until garlic is fragrant. Add in unsweetened plain almond milk, water, better than bouillon, and rotini pasta. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Continue to cook, uncovered, and stir every once and awhile until noodles are done and liquid is mostly reduced. Add peas and stir and heat them all together for just a minute or two.
Remove from heat and stir in parmesan followed by lemon (if using) followed by the roasted vegetables. Salt and Pepper to to taste, serve, and enjoy!
Serves 6. Serving size: 1 and 3/4 cups. (Take note this may vary a bit due to size of the vegetables and what vegetables you use exactly)
325 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 400g sodium, 51g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 5g sugar (0g added sugar, 0g sugar alcohol), 46g net carbs, 13g protein (Take not this may very a bit depending on the exact vegetables used)
Smart Points: WW POINTS | Green: 8 | Blue: 8 | Purple: 8 (could be 2 points if you use whole wheat pasta)