This post may contain affiliate links (meaning I earn a small comission if you purchase an item through a link I provide) I only provide shoppable links to items I love and are helpful. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Breakfast Hash Brown Stacks are a super delicious, quick, and easy option for breakfast, brunch or brinner! A crispy pan fried hash brown with eggs, cheese, bacon stacked on top.
This morning I found myself standing in the kitchen, wondering what to make for breakfast. I’m still shopping my own pantry for the most part, trying to clear out the food that we never eat, and maybe save a bit of extra money in the process!
Anyways, I dug into the freezer and found a big old bag of hash brown patties, and <Ding!> the light bulb lit up above my head.
This recipe was originally invented by my favorite farmer! He’s not a big cook, but he grills, makes chili, and does these stacks. I’m so thankful for him.
When I was doing Weight Watchers about 6 years ago, I worked a lot of evenings, so I would sleep in. A lot.
(oh, those were the days!)
Eric started making me these delicious stacks of eggs, hash browns, turkey bacon, and cheese almost every morning.. We were obsessed. Back then it was only 5 points plus, but I am telling you now that they are worth every point on smart points.
So delicious, It’s still one of my favorite breakfasts!
I hope you enjoy this little kitchen creation as much as we do!
Start off by browning up those hash brown patties!
After those are done, Throw in some bacon and green onions, or chives, or scallions. Just get some sort of onion in there, because it adds so much lovely flavor!
Pour in your egg substitute, and scramble up those eggs. SO MUCH YUM!
Next up, stack the layers up on your plate starting with the hash browns, followed by the scrambled eggs/bacon mix, and topped off with some cheddar and green onions!
And if you’re feelin’ like you need a lil bit of spice in your life add some hot sauce, because it is delicious!
- 2 frozen hash brown potato patties
- 4 large eggs (you can also use egg whites/egg beaters)
- 2 slices center cut bacon, raw chopped
- 2 tbsp Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar
- 1 stalk green onions diced
- hot sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- In a medium frying pan, lightly spray pan with cooking spray, and cook hash brown patties on medium-high heat until crisp and golden brown on each side. (About 4 minutes each side)
- When patties are done, set aside. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Add green onions in the last minute or two and cook lightly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add eggs and cook until done.
- On a plate put the hash brown patty on the bottom, evenly add your egg scramble, and top off with one tablespoon cheese on each stack. Garnish with some more green onions.
- Top with some hot sauce, if you like that kind of thing.