This post may contain affiliate links (meaning I earn a small comission if you purchase an item through a link I provide) I only provide shoppable links to items I love and are helpful. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello! I know so many people are requesting my recipes on my Instagram. I’m so sorry that I am not able to be quicker. Life is fairly busy for me as I am a new-ish mama to this precious lil girl. Miss Pepper Marie is almost 9 months old, is a olympic gold medalist at fighting sleep when she is exhausted, and she’s teething. I’m not complaining. I love her with my whole heart. It makes for slow recipe writing, blog updating, and food making.
Please bare with me. I promise. We are creating something super special here. My goal is to get at least one recipe tested, written, photographed, and posted weekly. We’ll see how that all goes. Haha!
This is a total work in progress.
Now, for this soup. oh my gracious is it good. You can really play around with it when it comes to the added veggies. I was going to add spinach in this as well, but I sorta forgot it. It’s kind of almost a ‘everything but the kitchen sink’ type of soup.
It’s delicious, nutritious, and EASY. what more could you ask for? I mean, really.
I love to pair it with bread, and some more bread because I don’t feel guilty about it. I hope y’all love it as much as me!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Italian Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 16 oz package cheese tortellini, frozen about 4 cups total cooked
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium, if available
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 3 medium zucchini cut into small chunks (yellow squash works too)
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes (if you can't find fire roasted tomatoes, regular will work just fine)
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and saute onions and garlic together until softened and fragrant.
- Add the carrots. Cook for another 5 minutes until softened. Then add tomatoes and zucchini and cook until zucchini is soft. Should only be a minute or two.
- While the vegetables are cooking. Prepare the tortellini in another pot according to package directions.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot of vegetables. Bring to a boil and stir in the tomato paste, half & half, seasoned salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and basil.
- Add the cooked tortellini to the soup and stir together. Salt and Pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped basil and some grated parmesan. (optional)