Hello! I know so many people are requesting my recipes on my Instagram. I’m so sorry that I am not able to be quicker. Life is fairly busy for me as I am a new-ish mama to this precious lil girl. Miss Pepper Marie is almost 9 months old, is a olympic gold medalist at fighting sleep when she is exhausted, and she’s teething. I’m not complaining. I love her with my whole heart. It makes for slow recipe writing, blog updating, and food making.
Please bare with me. I promise. We are creating something super special here. My goal is to get at least one recipe tested, written, photographed, and posted weekly. We’ll see how that all goes. Haha!
This is a total work in progress.
Now, for this soup. oh my gracious is it good. You can really play around with it when it comes to the added veggies. I was going to add spinach in this as well, but I sorta forgot it. It’s kind of almost a ‘everything but the kitchen sink’ type of soup.
It’s delicious, nutritious, and EASY. what more could you ask for? I mean, really.
I love to pair it with bread, and some more bread because I don’t feel guilty about it. I hope y’all love it as much as me!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Italian Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 16 oz package cheese tortellini, frozen about 4 cups total cooked
- 9 cups chicken broth low sodium, if available
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 2 medium zucchini cut into small chunks
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes (if you can't find fire roasted tomatoes, regular will work just fine)
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and saute onions and garlic together until softened and fragrant.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, and diced tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking. Prepare the tortellini in another pot according to package directions.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot of vegetables. Bring to a boil and stir in the tomato paste, half & half, seasoned salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and basil.
- Add the tortellini and cook together for a few minutes, add a pinch of salt & pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped basil and some grated parmesan. (optional)