This recipe for Pumpkin Fluff Dip has been a favorite for years! Quick and easy, kid friendly, delicious. Pumpkin Fluff is a mousse like light and fluffy no bake dessert dip that tastes a lot like pumpkin pie but without the crust or extra work! You can enjoy it as a fun dessert or appetizer for parties. I love adding it to the halloween, friendsgiving, and thanksgiving spread!
MY FAVORITE SEASON IS HERE! That’s right friends, it’s Autumn, AKA Fall; that wonderful season that moves in to refresh us after crazy hot and humid Southern Summer, and allows us some comfort before the big freeze of Winter. And you know what that means: As sure as leaves turn color and drop off the trees, I’m dropping a few new recipes with Fall flavors! I’m so excited to share one of my favorite things with you, Pumpkin fluff!
This Pumpkin Fluff recipe is a perfect way to highlight the Pumpkin Spice Season… Pardon me, I mean the Fall season. Hah! We love to make this up as a fun dessert when entertaining guest(s), or to take to parties. It fits right in as the light and festive appetizer before a holiday dinner. And it works as a snack for your movie night, or Gilmore Girls marathon!
What is Pumpkin Fluff?
Pumpkin Fluff is a super-delicious, light and airy, no-bake dessert dip that tastes just like pumpkin pie filling, and it makes a wonderful dip that you can scoop up with just about anything. Graham crackers, cookies, nuts, grapes, apple slices, marshmallows… even pretzels, if that’s what you’ve got! With no baking required it’s super family friendly, an ideal recipe for getting the young ones involved. And I promise it’s easier than you would believe, taking only minutes to make!
Why We Love it
- Easy – If you can open a few ingredient packages and then get a spoon into a bowl and stir it, then you can make this recipe!
- Quick – Literally takes less than 5 minutes to stir these ingredients together. It might just take longer to open up the packages!
- Delicious – This Pumpkin Fluff recipe is so super-delish! it tastes just like pumpkin pie filling, but better. You’re gonna dig it! …like, dig it with graham crackers, right? Or no, dig into it, that’s the funny one. <crickets chirp> …I’ll see myself out.
- Fun for parties– Adults and kids will love this for your next Halloween party, Friendsgiving, or Thanksgiving spread!
Ingredients You Need:
- Whipped Topping (Your choice: full fat, lite, or fat-free) – Cool Whip is our easy substitute for old-school Whipping Cream. You’ll find this in the freezer section. Please let it thaw out in the refrigerator before you make the recipe. This puts the fluff into pumpkin fluff!
- 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree– Make sure you get Puree, not a can of pumpkin pie filling.
- Greek Yogurt– Using this adds healthy protein!
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix– I use the small 1oz box that’s sugar-free and fat-free, to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. You can use the regular vanilla pudding mix, just be sure that it’s instant and not the cook and serve kind.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice– If you don’t have this spice you can use a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Maple Extract– I’m a big Maple flavor person, and feel like it adds so much more fall flavor into foods than vanilla. But hey, I’m me and you’re you, if all you’ve got is vanilla – vanilla extract will work well too!
How to Make Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- In a large bowl add in the Pumpkin Puree, Instant Pudding Mix, Greek Yogurt, Maple Extract, and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Stir together until combined well. Then gently fold in the whipped topping until you have a light orange mousse-like dessert.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. This gives those flavors a chance to hang out and get to know each other. When you come back they’ll be dancing together, and the taste is just awesome!
- For presentation purposes, I like to sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin pie spice and chopped pecans, but this isn’t necessary.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Fluff
As a vehicle for this pumpkin fluff, I love to create a fun platter, with a range of healthy and not-so-healthy things to use. Here are some of my favorites!
- Apple Slices
- Cookies- Vanilla Wafers, Graham Crackers, Animal Crackers, Ginger Snaps, Scooby Snacks, or try my favorite caramelized crisps (a highly underrated cookie)!
- Pretzels/Pretzel Chips
- Apple Straws
How to store:
Store your leftover pumpkin fluff for up to three days in an airtight container. I don’t recommend freezing this dessert.
Other Fall recipes to love:
Be sure to stop back if you try this Pumpkin Fluff Dip, rate and comment to let me know if you’ve tried the recipe!
Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- 1 -15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree (about 1½ cups- make sure it's puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 cups Cool Whip whipped topping (thawed in fridge- can use regular, lite, or fat-free)
- 1 -1 oz pkg Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix (make sure its instant and not the cook and serve type)
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Maple Extract (Vanilla Extract works too)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a large bowl add in the Pumpkin Puree, Instant Pudding Mix, Greek Yogurt, Maple Extract, and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Stir together until combined well, then gently fold in the Whipped Topping until you have a light orange mousse-like dessert.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let flavors blend together perfectly. It can be enjoyed right away… However, I recommend waiting. It's worth it.
- I like to dust the top with a little extra pumpkin pie spice and chopped pecans for presentation, but this is 100% optional.Serve with apple slices, grapes, pecans, cookies, graham crackers, pretzels, etc
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.