That’s right. I did it. I made something with the words, “cheesy” “bacon” and “bombs” and honestly, they are pretty dang healthy! I was waiting for Eric to get back from the store with ingredients for another recipe I was working on the other day. Pepper was asleep, and I was itching to cook. So I opened up the fridge and realized I had some leftover shredded chicken and bacon that needed to be used up. The rest is history.
CHEESY CHICKEN BACON BOMBS WERE BORN!
I honestly was thinking they would be a little dry the first time around, and that I would have to play with the recipe a little bit. No. WRONG. If you like cheese, bacon, chicken, and delicious food. Literally go run to your nearest market for these ingredients, and if you have people in your household who are not worried about eating their portion size. DOUBLE THE RECIPE. They will fly out of the muffin tin. Like, for real, they won’t even make it to a serving plate.
I normally don’t toot my own horn this much, but I am helping you. New boyfriend? Make these. He will marry you. I promise. You’re welcome.
Aren’t they gorgeous?
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Bombs!
- 1 7.5 oz can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (they come in the four-pack)
- 1.5 cups Chicken Breast (cooked and shredded)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 7 slices Center Cut Bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, throw in all of the ingredients above EXCEPT the biscuits. Stir until combined well.
- Roll out each biscuit so it makes a nice, flat circle. press the circle of dough into the bottom of 10 of the muffin tin spaces (it will fill the bottom and about halfway up the sides of each muffin cup).
- Evenly scoop the chicken and bacon mixture into each cup. Garnish with some chopped green onions.
- Bake at 375 for about 22 minutes, or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. ENJOY!
Serving size: One muffin
3 Freestyle Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
3 Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
130 Calories 3g Fat, 12g Carbs, 0.5g Fiber, 11g Protein, (Calculated with My Fitness Pal)