It’s been awhile since I have been able to give you all a new Daily Dose of Pepper recipe!
It’s been a crazy month- family visiting, first birthday party planning, a kitchen remodel, and just every day crazy life adventures. I promise I have been working as much as possible on some yummy recipes! I look forward to things quieting down a bit so I can get back to my happy place, the kitchen, and continue creating!
So how many of you LOVE BBQs? I’m going to take a wild guess and say.. ALL OF YOU.
I sure do! My favorite part is normally…. the food. I totally used to be the one who couldn’t fit all of my goodies on my plate. I’d be back for seconds and thirds normally piled with delicious burgers, pasta salad, potato salad, chips and dip…. unfortunately, the list goes on and on.
Is anyone else getting hungry while reading this? Because I sure am!
I’m slaving away in the kitchen trying to lighten up a few delicious recipes for you to make and take to all of your summer BBQs this year!
My first one was a lightened up version of my BLT Pasta Salad that I always used to make… and I always loaded it with bacon and mayo! It’s a tried and true favorite of mine now. This version is still super creamy just the way a pasta salad should be. It’s still bursting with flavor from the bacon, green onion, and a hint of ranch. I also hid some carrots in there, because I can, and it was perfect! This is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next get together. I promise! Or, you can be like me, and just make it for the week and eat it every single day. Nobody is judging. Nobody said you have to go to a BBQ.
Eric has a wonderful piece of paradise on the farm property that we like to call, “The Pond”
Lots of happy memories there, and we love to have little get togethers down there. I can’t wait for a summer full of memories to make with Miss Pepper at the pond. Eric was given my dad’s grill after he had passed. So it’s always a special feeling for me to have him grill for friends and family. I stay far away from the grill. I’m sure I could learn, but I don’t want to. That was my dad’s domain. Now it’s Eric’s domain. I’m completely content and happy making yummy side dishes to accompany the main event off the grill!
(This is the part where I would normally give you a step by step process through photographs, however, I haven’t been able to do that just yet, and i have so many people begging for the recipe of my instagram account. So, I will update this post with a step by step asap! For now, I hope you all enjoy! )
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
BLT Pasta Salad
- 8 oz dry whole wheat pasta shells
- 5 slices center cut bacon , cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 3/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 tbs hidden valley ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup green onions , chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots , chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- Salt & Pepper , optional
- In a medium stock pot bring water to boil.
- Pour noodles into the pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots into boiling water and cook together for another 3-5 minutes, until the noodles are done. Carrots will be slightly fork tender.
- Drain noodles and carrots. Toss with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine light mayo, buttermilk, ranch seasoning, green onions, and cooked chopped bacon. Mix well.
- Combine mayo mixture with carrots and noodles. Stir until combined.
- Finish off with some sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Serving size: heaping 1/2 cups
3 Freestyle Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
3 Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
4 Points Plus (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
185 calories 4g fat, 30g carbs, 4g fiber, 6g protein