Hello! I’m very excited to announce that this is the very FIRST recipe that I am posting to Daily Dose of Pepper! This is far from being one of the first recipes that I’ve written or rewritten, but this is the first one that people have really showed interest in. I’m so excited to share it with you all!
I am a total breakfast lover. I love brunch. I love brinner. I have shirts that say ‘make me breakfast’ and ‘pancake queen.’ Breakfast is my jam!
It is also the most important meal of the day. This Biscuits ‘N Gravy Bake is SO good. It feels like I am cheating every single time I eat it. In fact, I’m 90% sure you will recheck the points because you won’t believe me. Believe me, I have rechecked the points a couple of times myself.
Fear not, my friends. I would never do that to you.
As a lot of my amazing weight watchers instagram followers know, I am totally new to this blogging world so please BEAR WITH ME! I will be posting new recipes weekly as much as I possibly can.
Biscuits N Gravy Bake
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 7.5 oz Can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (These cans come in 4-packs), cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Egg Beaters
- 1 pkg McCormick Country Gravy Mix , prepared with water
- 8 oz Jennie-O Lean Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Preheat Oven to 350. Lightly spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook 8oz of raw ground turkey sausage. Drain fat, and set aside.
- Cook the package of gravy mix according to directions, and set aside.
- Spread your biscuit pieces evenly into the dish. Pour egg beaters on top, followed by the prepared gravy, and then the sausage. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the oven and sprinkle cheese evenly. Bake another 10 minutes, and ENJOY!
7 Freestyle Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
8 Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
273 Calories 10g Fat, 22g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 23g Protein (Calculated with My Fitness Pal)
DAILY DOSE TIP: Cook all your turkey sausage, weigh it out, and freeze the other half for the next time you make this. (The cooked sausage weighs out to 5.5 oz for each half)