These BBQ Chicken Bacon Taquitos make a great party appetizer! Corn tortillas filled with BBQ Chicken, chopped bacon, and Mexican cheeses then rolled up and baked in the oven for a healthier alternative to frying.
I hear there’s about to be a big ol’ game of Football! I’ve had countless requests to get the recipe for these BBQ Chicken Bacon Taquitos on the blog as soon as possible. Here we go! They’re here, they’re delicious, and they’re even pretty darn healthy…ish. I hope you all love them so much.
After working on my recipe for Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken for so many weeks in a row I found myself needing to get creative with the leftover chicken. While your girl LOVES a good BBQ sandwich. Mama needed a lil variety…. and so did the rest of the family. One afternoon I decided to make taquitos! And, I’ll never look back. I’m almost positive these will be made with leftovers of every single future batch of BBQ chicken I make from now on. This recipe makes 18 taquitos and they were gone in the matter of maybe 2 hours… between two adults and one kiddo. SO GOOD, Y’ALL! You may even wanna think about doublin’ the recipe! You also probably want to think about making a batch of Skinny Ranch to go with’m because those two things go together like shoo-bop sha wadda wadda yippity boom de boom.
I hope you get the last sentence reference otherwise you’ll probably think i’m actually off my rocker.
Let’s get in the kitchen and make BBQ Chicken Bacon Taquitos!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a bowl add 2-1/2 cups pulled bbq chicken, 3/4 cup reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese, and 8 slices cooked and chopped center cut bacon.
Grab 18 tortillas (okay grab 19 because you never know), wrap them in a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1 minutes and 30 seconds. Make sure they are super soft and steamy when you take them out, if not add 25 seconds and see how they are.
Scoop about 2 heaping tablespoons onto each tortilla and roll it up tightly. Place seam side down on a cooking sheet that’s been sprayed with some cooking spray. I really recommend avocado oil spray or coconut oil spray it does best in the oven at a high temp.
When the taquitos are all rolled up generously spray them each with a bit more avocado or coconut oil spray.
Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
And that’s it, folks! Isn’t that easy? I mean I know you’ve gotta make the BBQ Pulled Chicken before you can do any of this, but that’s also ridiculously easy!
Can I just mention that taking photos of taquitos is not easy? At this point in my “photo taking journey” I just gave up and started eating. Haha!
And after I started eating, we all started eating, and we couldn’t stop and Eric was like you have to get these on the website like yesterday.
If you’ve got the time make Skinny Ranch to go with’m! You won’t regret it.
I hope you love them! Cheers to Football food. I may not know anything about football, but I know a lot about yummy food so I think I can totally hang at any Super Bowl party.
With love from my kitchen to yours -Star
BBQ Chicken Bacon Taquitos
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl add chicken, bacon, and cheese. Stir together really well.
- Grab your tortillas and wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for one minute and thirty seconds or until the tortillas are really soft and pliable. Check them and if they need it, add about 25 seconds.
- Scoop about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls onto each tortilla and roll it up tightly. Place seam side down on a cooking sheet that's been sprayed with some cooking spray. I really recommend avocado oil spray or coconut oil spray it does best in the oven at a high temp. When the taquitos are all rolled up generously spray them each with a bit more avocado or coconut oil spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.Serve with ranch or guacamole. Enjoy!