This post may contain affiliate links (meaning I earn a small comission if you purchase an item through a link I provide) I only provide shoppable links to items I love and are helpful. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fire up those air fryers, because I’ve got a recipe that’s about to become your new favorite! Air Fryer Salmon Bites! This recipe is completely fuss free, family friendly, AND healthy dinner that’s quicker to make than deciding on what movie to watch tonight. These incredible bites are coated with the most perfect spice rub and air-fried to absolute perfection. Totally versatile so add these to rice bowls, salads, or even tacos!
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
There’s something so appealing about bite-sized food, just like my Air Fryer Steak Bites I love that each bite has more edges to create a magical crust on each piece making it infinitely more delicious. More edges = more caramelization = more flavor.
Confession: I used to be super scared to make fish at home. I started making these salmon bites after I got brave and got a huge piece of fresh salmon from costco awhile back and I’ll never look back! These Air Fryer Salmon Bites are sooooo easy and come out perfect every single time. My family and I fight over the leftovers!
This salmon recipe is easy to eat, easy to clean up, super versatile, simple to store main dish and with your trusty air fryer, reheating them is a breeze too. Just like all of my other air fryer recipes, these have officially become a staple on my meal plans! I’ll never be scared of cooking fish again.
Salmon: Nutritional Superstar
Salmon is a powerhouse of nutrients that provide a huge long list of benefits (I’ve listed a few of. thebig ones). It’s packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. As I’ve learned more and more about nutrition I realize that salmon is something I will eat weekly from now on and these perfectly seasoned Salmon Bites will be on repeat. Kids love them too! Which makes me feel good when I feed this to my family.
- Omega-3s: Salmon is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for a healthy heart and brain. Unlike most other fats, omega-3 fats are considered “essential,” meaning you must get them from your diet since your body cannot create them.
- Protein Packed: Salmon is an excellent source of high-quality protein, providing about 20 grams per 3-ounce serving. Protein helps to build and repair muscle tissue, as well as providing energy for your cells.
- B Vitamins: Salmon is also a great source of several B vitamins (B12, B6, Thiamine, folic acid).
- Weight Loss: Eating salmon can also help with weight loss as it is low in calories but high in protein, making it an excellent choice for those looking to lose weight without sacrificing nutrition or flavor.
Ingredients you need for Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Salmon filets- You can use the type of salmon that you prefer (Atlantic, Coho, King, Sockeye). I prefer Atlantic salmon. It’s so good! I’ve also been told that Atlantic salmon is less “sea tasting’ than others so if you’re unsure about the taste maybe stick to Atlantic variety, but if you’re a fan of something else, go for that!
- Oil- Avocado oil or Olive oil works best.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning- I use the Kinder’s No Salt Lemon Pepper seasoning (easily found at walmart, sams, costco, or amazon). If you’re using a different brand, try to use a no salt added version (it’s just easier to control the salt that way), but if you can only find lemon pepper seasoning that contains salt just omit the kosher salt in the recipe. If you don’t have lemon pepper and want to make this recipe now, just add about 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper and make sure to drizzle with lemon juice when done cooking.
- Spices- garlic powder, paprika, oregano, kosher salt
- Fresh lemon- for serving
How to cook Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets
Prep Salmon: With a sharp knife, Cut Salmon filet into cubes roughly the same size. Then, add salmon chunks into a large bowl, place your salmon cubes and drizzle olive oil on to them. Next, combine all your favorite spices and gently rub the mixture generously over the salmon until thoroughly covered.
Air Fry: Now it’s time to let the air fryer work its magic. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for a few minutes. Place the salmon pieces in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Cook your salmon for about 6 to 8 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Ways to enjoy Salmon Bites
- Main dish: I love eating salmon bites with broccoli and potatoes! It’s one of my favorite meals. You could also easily switch it up with different vegetables. Its easy to prep sides while the salmon cooks since it’s almost totally hands off.
- Salmon Rice Bowls: A big bed of rice with salmon and veggies. It always hits the spot. I love using my air fryer salmon bites recipe in my friend krista’s salmon rice bowls with chimichurri. So good!
- Salad: Add salmon bites to almost any salad and top with your favorite dressing. I am partial to salmon caesar salad currently!
- Salmon Tacos: Add salmon bites to tortilla shells and top with THIS SLAW from my crunch fish taco recipe. It’s so good.
- Appetizer: Maybe a little different, but I could get on board with these bite sized babies being served with a lil tooth pick and maybe some dipping sauce like tartar sauce or sriracha mayo!
- If using fresh salmon ensure that it is truly fresh. If its discolored on the edges or has a strong smell toss it.
- If using frozen salmon make sure to thaw it overnight in a covered container in the fridge. You can also place it in a bag and submerge it in COLD water for 30 minutes. If its still frozen after 30 minutes, replace with fresh COLD water, then go again for another 30 minutes. Check the water frequently to make sure its not warm ever.
- Serve with fresh lemon or even lime if you’re doing something more southwestern. Lemon and lime juice just brighten this recipe up so much.
How to store and reheat Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Storage: Keep any air fried salmon leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can keep them refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Reheat: simply preheat the air fryer before placing the salmon chunks in your air fryer and cooking them for about 2-3 minutes at 365 degrees.
More Air Fryer Recipes!:
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Firecracker Meatballs (air fryer or oven)
- Air Fryer Cajun Chicken and Vegetables
- Air Fryer Green Beans
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- 1 lb salmon filets I use Atlantic salmon, but you can use your favorite variety of salmon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning (no salt added) I like the kinders brand
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Prep Salmon: With a sharp knife, Cut Salmon filet into cubes roughly the same size. Then, add salmon chunks into a large bowl, place your salmon cubes and drizzle olive oil on to them. Next, combine all your favorite spices and gently rub the mixture generously over the salmon until thoroughly covered.
- Air Fry: Now it's time to let the air fryer work its magic. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for a few minutes. Place the salmon pieces in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Cook your salmon for about 8 to 8 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking. Serve with fresh lemon slices for optimal flavor!
- Storage: Keep any air fried salmon leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can keep them refrigerated for up to 2 days.Reheat: simply preheat the air fryer before placing the salmon chunks in your air fryer and cooking them for about 2-3 minutes at 365 degrees.