This post may contain affiliate links (meaning I earn a small comission if you purchase an item through a link I provide) I only provide shoppable links to items I love and are helpful. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a super convenient and delicious way to cook frozen broccoli? This recipe will show you exactly how to make air fryer frozen broccoli. You’ll have crispy, super flavorful broccoli in just a matter of minutes! It’s probably the number one side dish I make because it’s so easy and having frozen broccoli in the freezer is so convenient!
You’ll love this Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
If you’ve ever found yourself in a pinch, with an empty fridge and the need to make a healthy side dish for dinner pronto, then bagged frozen vegetables – broccoli especially – are probably one of your best friends! The problem is that if they’re microwaved or steamed they can turn out all soggy and bleh.
Not super ideal for any veggie lover. 🤢 So what’s the solution? Cooking frozen broccoli in an air fryer!! It’s so much quicker than roasting and the florets come out perfectly golden brown with a slight crisp! Seriously friends, I even make this recipe, Air Fryer Green Beans, or Air Fryer Ranch Carrots for the best late night snack, who in the world easts veggies as late night snacks? I’m telling ya, air fryers are magic.
Here at The Skinnyish Dish, I’m all about making eating healthy easier, and without compromising on flavor. So I’m super excited to share one of my favorite GO TO AIR FRYER RECIPES because making frozen broccoli in the air fryer is a total game changer!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Frozen broccoli florets- be sure whatever you purchase says florets and not just broccoli or broccoli cuts. I’ve found when I get something that says broccoli cuts it’s A LOT of stem pieces.
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- olive oil
- Seasoning- I use a blend of smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes- just a pinch, but omit if kiddos are eating and are not big fans of spicy food
- Kosher salt and black pepper
How to cook Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
Honestly, cooking frozen broccoli in the air fryer is as easy as opening the freezer, cutting the bag open, adding seasonings, then throwing into the air fryer for several minutes. Boom! Healthy side dish. Here’s what I do..
Step one: Get your air fryer ready! Preheat for at least 5 minutes at 380 degrees.
Step two: in a bowl add seasonings and oil to frozen broccoli. Make sure to stir everything together really well so the oil and seasoning is evenly distributed.
Step three: For the best results, pick out the super small florets and set the aside. Keep them separate to add the the air fryer at the half way point of cooking. Those little guys can burn up quick if you cook’m the whole time and while I like crispy broccoli, we don’t want pieces that turn to dust when you pick’m up, right? Haha
Step four: Spray Air Fryer basket with avocado oil spray. Place frozen broccoli in the air fryer in a single layer. Air fry for 6 minutes, then remove basket add in the small florets (if you have them). Shake the basket really well then put it back and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes until you have broccoli that’s lightly brown with crispy edges. Serve hot! Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
While I make the “classic” version with my favorite simple spice mixture the most. I love changing it up with different flavors depending on my mood and what’s for dinner. No matter which version you choose- you’re going to love this air fryer frozen broccoli!
- Lemon pepper: Add some freshly minced garlic, lemon zest, and extra pepper to your broccoli before cooking for a bright and flavorful twist.
- Garlic Parmesan: Using the same spices in the recipes, but end it by tossing cooked broccoli in a few tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Spicy: Add extra red pepper flakes to the seasoning + lightly drizzle some buffalo wing hot sauce on top when broccoli is finished cooking.
- Everything but the bagel: When the broccoli is finished cooking, add 1 tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning to the broccoli and toss together.
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- 4 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes omit if you don't want any spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- avocado oil spray
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380 for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl add olive oil and seasonings to frozen broccoli. Stir together really well to make sure it's evenly distributed. *For the best results, pick out the super small florets and set the aside. Keep them separate to add the the air fryer at the half way point of cooking. Those little florets can burn up quick if you cook'm the whole time.
- Spray Air Fryer basket with avocado oil spray. Place frozen broccoli in the air fryer. Cook for 6 minutes, then remove basket add in the small florets (if you have them). Shake the basket really well then put it back and continue to cook for 6-7 minutes until you have broccoli that’s lightly brown with crispy edges. Serve hot!
- You can double the batch easily, but be sure to not overcrowd the Air Fryer basket you may need to do two batches if you do this.
102 calories, 2g fat, 74g sodium, 4g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 2g sugar (go added sugar, 0g sugar alcohol, 0.4 net carbs, 5g protein